Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Home again, poems, VOTE HERE!

I'm home, and I'm tired :) But after reading K9's last reply...I had to take a few pic's :)
(I can see how tired I am...can you?)


In No particular order...
Poems from my suitors~

Fidelity’s Sweet Alchemy
By Percy

For Cora – and I suppose Lee…

Fidelity is harmony,
Fidelity is trust,
Fidelity’s essentially
A pleasure and a must.

An emblem of fidelity
Lee Kennedy is not;
At first he studied chemistry
But then he had this thought:

“I’ll study some psychology,
I really don’t know why;
Perhaps the girls will ogle me
If I can make them cry...”

At Deakin University
The ladies now make eyes:
Psychology has chemistry;
They heave their wanton sighs.

Lee’s wife resents it mightily,
By day she knits him sweaters,
She muses on fidelity -
Then intercepts his letters!

Enough of Lee, I turn to thee,
And on my knees implore:
For surely thou dost plainly see
Tis thee that I adore?

Why else would I make rhymes about
This “Lee” guy, anyway –
I know not where he gets such clout
Nor why of him I bray.

You’d think it’s him I’m picturing
In filmy negligee;
Or scented with a mixturing
Of tender-scented spray…

Fidelity is harmony,
Fidelity is trust;
Fidelity’s sweet alchemy
Is bondo for love’s rust.
***************************************

From Cosmo

......................................................... (This is where I want THE KISS!!!)

Simper Fidelis
An Agony in Four Fits and a Poem.

I.
Where the players are introduced to the crowd.

There was a time when there was peace throughout the land
And life was milk and honey
When all things were considered, it was rather grand
And well done eggs were runny.

A fair young Maiden entered this idyll
And hearts went all aflutter
She grabbed their attention and had a fiddle
She melted them like butter.

Like hapless candles fluttering around a moth
The Gumshoe was first to break
He threw down a glove made of the finest cloth
Which the Knight was loathe to take.

But take it he did, their relationship terse;
They waited the Maiden’s decree.
Fidelity was the given task; plus a verse
About some harmless drudge named Lee.


II.
Where the players are jostling for position.

The Gumshoe fretted while the Knight sipped his wine
But others had entered the ring
The smart money moved onto the Rottie, K9
Fidelity already his thing.

But the stumbling block that was causing most grief
Was the mandatory topic, Lee.
“To be writing about him is beyond belief”
Said the Knight. The others had to agree.

Lillie and Lux came to play. “We want to know:
Can we take Lee when it’s over?
The Maiden can go to the cop or Cosmo,
She can even run off with Rover.”

So, dear reader, the lines are drawn, words have been said;
We are slowly progressing the scenes;
Fidelity remains to be hit on the head;
Does anyone know what it means?


III.
Where the Knight writes on fidelity.

The Knight looked down at his blank serviette
And wondered what to write
Help me Sancho! There must be some angle to get
On the others in this fight.

The Gumshoe, said Sancho, will view it felonious
That’s what policemen do.
Perhaps you should heed the words of Polonius
And “To thine self be true”?

Now, the dog of course, is an outside chance
While Percy’s chasing robbers;
But really what woman gives a second glance
To a hairy beau that slobbers?

It was Percy, for Mayden, who started this fight,
A copper for a gal;
Under the circumstances, it sounds right,
If I use a villian-elle.

◊◊◊

The Poem

Lassie.

Curled up beside him close at night,
She was contented as a lassie could be.
And the flame in her heart burned bright.

She adored him deeply, with all her might
In the place that she most wanted to be,
Curled up beside him close at night.

She was pure as the snow is crisp and white
‘Til the day she chanced upon Lee;
And the flame in her heart burned bright.

Her happiness soared to reach new heights
Never before had she felt so free.
Curled up beside him close at night.

She asked with an accent, passingly slight:
Did you say you would marry me?
And the flame in her heart burned bright.

The depth of her love was easy to see;
Some things we learn are meant to be;
Curled up beside him close at night.
And the flame in her heart burned bright.

◊◊◊


IV.
Where the circus leaves town.

Sancho, the poem is writ, our job complete,
We can but win or fail,
And having stayed long enough to compete
It is time to hit the trail.

You have been so loyal, I must thank you so,
You helped me stay the course
Good luck, my man, you are free to go
And, yes, you can have my horse.

There’s nothing so sad as a circus ground
When all the crowd’s dispersed;
The grass is trampled, the bunting’s come down,
But what’s become of those ‘versed’?

Percy is strutting the policeman’s domain
K9 is entering dog shows,
Poor Lee has slipped into obscurity again
Mayden is posing for photos.

[THE END]
**********************************

From my beloved K9




was it
nutmeg psychosis
or
morse code neurosis:

-.- .---- -.- .---- -.- .----

(dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.
dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.
dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.)

hallucination
or
sweet equation

1,6-dichloro-1,6-dideoxy-
β-D-fructo-furanosyl 4-chloro-4-deoxy-
α-D-galactopyranoside

(almost)

the aussie man lee
and fidelity
the detective and the post

the niner of K
the den of may
the voyage and a boast

gloves thrown down
photos and browns
a discussion of what is true.

silly bros
erudite foes
its what dogs were built to do

-.- .---- -.- .---- -.- .----

(dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.
dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.
dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.)


/grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


well i was called fidelis from my very first day
i dogpaddled here to bark it out and have my say
id never let a digger do a dig on my lady
wouldnt let 'em dis her or imply that she were shady
id protect her virtue with my K9 high karate
and channel-surf her chakras like a bodisatva rottie

a spectral force unseen just in case shes ever scared
a poem for her pleasure with my inner dog laid bared
but when she falls alseep tonight the canine ranges on
to form a fragrant steamer for another blogger's lawn.
though i can't stay a month in her digital abode
anytime she needs me she can telegraph my code


-.- .---- -.- .---- -.- .----

(dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.
dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.
dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.)


-.- .---- -.- .---- -.- .----

(dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.
dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.
dash dot dash, dot dash dash dash.)

mayden
i'm fadin'
but true to you i'll be

m' lady's voice
the niner's choice
of sound fidelity

sound fidelity....
sound fidelity...
sound fidelity................

/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



My Poem to Lee“Lee Kennedy”

Lee is a teacher by heart,
But Chemistry is mostly his trade,
And he covers a wide range of topics
On his blog called “The Curates Egg”.

He’s been married for 25 years,
His wife, Margaret, a fine lovely Scott-
One night, after having chopped chili’s,
Lee’s passion got a little too hot!

Lee loves a warm bath, and some ice cream
With Mozart and a red light for mood-
Not shy about sex or politics-
And knows about toxins in food!

Lee is a man from Down Under,
His writing is clear, precise, and fun…
In his life he’s lacked just one little thing~
A POEM, And now my friends, it is done!




All 1st cousins~ From Korea to Panama to the Philippines...no kidding :)


PLEASE VOTE HERE FOR THE POEM YOU LIKED BEST!


Now...I NEED to SLEEP! Love to you all if you made it this far down!!! :)

18 comments:

Malinda777 said...

I haven't been online in several days. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

I can't wait to hear the wonderful stories you'll write in his honor :)

X. Dell said...

It'll be good to be back in your own environs. Life will continue, and hopefully give you nothing to rebell against:-)

And, I'm quite certain your friend enjoyed talking to you until one o'clock in the morning.

..................... said...

Travel safely, Cora. It will be good to have you back. Missed you.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

(Hey fellas! Any chance we can put together a working-bee when she returns and tidy up the template? It's starting to remind me of my fridge door.)

ThursdayNext said...

Cora,
I am so glad you come home today!
Love, Amy

sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

welcome home sweet mayden! i have missed your face so much....i had becomed accustomed to coming over here to see a new photo smiling back at me. while you were gone, so was the sun. rest now, and pamper yourself and know that you have been missed by many!!!!

/grrr

velvet acid tongue said...

so sorry to hear about your grandfather. if you are into poetry, when you have time do a search for 'the rose beoynd the wall' ... it is a lovely poem about the after life.

travel safely.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Malinda- Thanks for stopping by...all is well and I have just gotten home :) I'll stop over to see you soon!

X- Thank you ;) Still listening to Rebell Yell...lol! I actually have BI on right now! :)

Schaumi- Home at last! Yeahhh! No problems on the road...thank you for being a good friend to me through this :)

Cosmo- you are sweet. I have not had time to fool around with the formatting...but I'd trust most of you with the log in and pass word- so if you think you can make a difference, I'd let you try :)

Thank you Amy- I am looking forward to just reading over the next few days...well, and doing the laundry that's piled up, and tending to the plants that are dying! LOL!

K9- Really- I think I love you :)

Velvet, I will look for that poem...thank you for your kind words :)

Paul said...

O most intense -

Suspense

...

sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

the sun! the sun! oh you are adorable mayden. so glad to see that FACE again.

mayden, have you read the poems of boneman?
he takes all of your suitors to task for our limp *snicker* lines to fidelity! you're the boss of course, but might he be considered? he obviously is feeling the fire for you as well.

not to make more competition for myself, but because he went to bat for you so ardently,,,of course that made me feel true to him for his excellent taste.

i see percy's already dropped by. /snort!

sleep well mayden. may your voyage tonight be a restful one. and now, i am treating myself to alien abduction tales by xdell. haha probably not the best choice of bedtime story.

/grrr

b said...

glad you're back cora! get some rest and recoup!

..................... said...

I like your Lee poem, Cora.
I already emailed you my vote.

X. Dell said...

I notice that although you're five foot one, you are also not the shortest person in your family.

Interesting.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

X~ my dear...I was wearing 2.5 inch heels, and the lovely cousin was in flats- as well as being only 20 or so. :) I think, if I had been barefoot (but never again pregnant- lol) I would have been the shortest in the group.
The beautiful brunette next to me is my sister Naomi(left)...who is TALLER AND THINNER! blah!!!

Lee you are welcome :)

Schaumi- I look forward to your note :)

Lady Prism said...

heeeey!...glad to see you back!....missed you like no other. I'd love to write more but it's really pretty late...can't wait for your best choice with re to the duel there...I got my preference...will email you on Monday...Take care

Paul said...

Cora, I have left thee a discreet note upon mine blog...

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Percy- discreet indeed!
Sunset tonight my dear...

I will see you then? :)

boneman said...

Thankyou fer yer too kind words, dear miss, though, I view m'self as more of a quick tongued slow witted sort all too often (ask Lee, he'll sort'a agree.
I am the epitome of what is wrong with "good intentions"...
Ah, but, what the hey.
It was all in fun fer the guys, anyway!
I apologized to all
and had a merlot in m'cup.
All returned with laughter, and one even "beamed" me up
(i think...)

I did have a thing I did, though, in the space of time to short, less poetry, though, and thus, disqualified, but, not abort.

Perhaps sometime in September, I will post it for you to see,
for if I understand this correctly,
you are going to be exclusively
One poet's muse for the month,
I don't know why....
To capture a b'zillion lightning bugs and put them intop a jar, far from the sky

Sounds as though you're captured and taken away, is there nothing else can we do?
For you leaving the rest of us so abruptly will be as taking from the sky, blue.

Ah, but the other fellows are a bit happy, so
because perhaps if ya already know, the only thing one had to say
to complete the task which upon them you had laid

Was to write the words Lee Kenedy
For it's true, he is the epitome of fidelity.
And, in the picture, the silly colored sketch is an orange
Which I rymed quite easily by showing him oiling his door hinge.

And, now, leaving poetry behind a bit, let me tell you a truth if I might. It's better to be slow of wit, if I could just make my tongue/words follow it!