Sunday, July 27, 2008

8 things~

8 things before I die-
Just 8???

I've been published locally many times, and in one book internationally. (via another author and I was credited)...but seeing my own book with only my name on display at Barnes and Noble or Books-a-Million is near the top of my list of things I want to do/see before I exit.
I'd even be happy to find one of my books in a bargain bin at the grocery store in a few years :)


I love hot-air balloons and I would love to ride in one, somewhere out in Arizona or New Mexico for a balloon festival they have every October for 9 days or so. I think I would cry every day- just looking at photos of the balloons fills me with a kind of wonder I can't describe.

(This is my favorite tree- it's a Crepe Myrtle like none I've ever seen...one half of the tree produces white flowers, the other side a dusty pink flower. When I planted this one it was shorter than me. Now it's at least 15-20 feet tall)

I am in awe of whales and I want to see them in the wild~ I want to be on a ship and take photos of them. Then I want to go to New Zealand and swim with the Beluga whales...the white ones. Or at least be on a tiny boat and get close to them. I love whales- love, love, love whales.

I'd also like to go to Alaska during a Salmon run and watch the bears fish. I'd also like to join them (at a safe distance) for dinner, but I will be grilling my Salmon over an open fire- they can have theirs raw.



I want to live overseas for an extended period of time. Actually- I'd like to do this in the Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Ireland, and perhaps Japan for 3 to 6 months at a time either teaching English, a craft, or writing. Spending a few months in Wyoming writing in a lovely cabin in the woods (much closer to home) would be wonderful too, however, I don't think I have any blogging friends from Wyoming. Not yet anyway :) Obviously I don't need a blogging friend to make this happen, but it would be nice if one were close by.



Be my ideal body weight.
sigh- why is this one so hard? Not a single day goes by that I don't think about it (understatement)...not one single day- in the last 13 years. I am getting there- but it's slow.


To be on my own for a while, before I'm too old. I have never lived alone- ever.


Being alone in my house is blissful. I think part of my desire to travel stems from often being in a crowd. For as long as I can remember there's always been a group of people close by- mostly family. Being part of a large family is a blessing, no doubt, but room to grow and think without being questioned or unobserved is rare for me, even today. Perhaps it is a good thing? I only know there are times when I crave solitude with every cell of my body. I rarely find it for more than a few hours at a time.

One more...just one more? There are hundreds of things yet I want to do.
Hold a great grandchild- one named Cora? :)
Have a house by the lake, go see the Galapagos Islands, go on a cruise (anywhere)- tour the Mayan ruins, go back to China for a little while-maybe go back to school???
I think I'd better stay alive for a long time! :)

Ruela said I had to tag 8 of you- but I will leave the challenge open to anyone who wants to play along. Let me know if you decide to do it~

6 comments:

roxanne s. sukhan said...

nice idea ... here's my list ...

Ruela said...

cool cora ;)

best wishes for you

Greg C said...

What a coincidence. I woke up this morning thinking about my "Bucket list" as the movie calls it. I will give it some thought and see what I come up with. I can tell you this. There will be no death defying stunts on my list. :)

X. Dell said...

I totally get being alone. I think you would enjoy it for a little while.

I think the book at Barnes & Noble is doable too. Perhaps you can post a bit of what you've been writing here. After all, we enjoyed the story about the family and the snake.

NYD said...

Well thought out and certainly achievable.

We are always our ideal body weight when there is no forcing the issue and we are happy with our lives and the things we do in it.

Smash all mirrors and burn all fashion magazines.

Whenever you decide to make some of them dreams turn into a reality, I can definitely help you with one of them.

Bad Bob said...

In Greenville, SC, they have freedom weekend aloft which usually has 60-70 ballons take off. It is spectacular. I've only seen pictures of the one in Arizona.
I don't know any balooners, but I can get you a ride in a bunch of different little airplanes:-)

When I did my bucket list, I didn't want too many things on it as I felt I might not get them all in.

I relate to the weight issue. Hang in there....