Thursday, April 10, 2008

A long week~

Within 24 hours of my friend's passing, my mom began having a serious GI bleed. She was admitted to the hospital on Friday. There was a delay in getting her released- she was finally discharged yesterday. 11 days of being in a hospital has completely screwed up my sense of time. I honestly thought yesterday was Monday.
Aughhhh! Talk about a blonde moment!
-
Anyway- I am back...sort of. There will be a big family meeting on Monday and I am hoping we, as a family, can make some important decisions about important people who need care. Unfortunately the combination of denial, deep emotions, and limited resources make a meeting like this complicated and kind of touchy. My hope is that we will honor each others feelings and opinions and be able to reach a compromise that works for all involved; but there is the potential for the meeting to blow up in our faces- so we must tread carefully. There is also a need for genuine leadership- for one of us to speak the truth plainly and be able to take the heat. It might be me...it might not. I don't know yet.

I am planning a get-away in the next few weeks, a road trip to see friends, play in the water, visit my Aunt and Uncle, and hopefully get some much needed time to recover. Honestly- I wish I was anywhere other than where I am at the moment...but it's at times like this when I realize how important it is to push through and not run.

Our strength is determined by how well we bear up under our struggles- not by how fast we can run from them~

I'll be reminding myself all weekend of what I just said. Sometimes I hate it when I say stuff like that- you know...the truth.
sigh-

I'm good. I'm well. I will survive. I'm worth the time, the rest, the work, and the love it takes to be the best person I can be.

So are you :)


9 comments:

reekinrunkle said...

You look amazing. Have you lost weight? Wow! You could never tell that you were under so much stress. I will be praying for you

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Thanks RnR- and yes...found a trainer last month and have been pretty consistent with the work outs. Thanks for the prayers- I know they make a difference.

Enemy of the Republic said...

Love you, buddy.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Love you too Susan- I have missed you, but it's been heck around here for the last 2 weeks. I'm only now catching my breath!
Hugs :)

X. Dell said...

I'm thinking that if everyone can keep your mom's care and needs front and center, and each other's needs on the periphery (but still very much on the table), the meeting will do what you need it to do, even though there might be some parts of it that aren't comfortable or comforting.

My best wishes.

Greg C said...

I don't know what called me back to your blog. I do know who. I could feel your pain and emotions and came back to see what I could do. I know what you are going through and pray that God will give you the strength and wisdom to confort you in this tough time. You are too special to be down so try to keep your head up and a smile on your face.

Hugs,
Greg

exskindiver said...

hugs.

leelee said...

yes...HUGS!!

Lady Prism said...

I'm just really glad you're back!

Hugzzy! :>